Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Potatoes Galore!: Fried Potatoes

SPICED FRIED/ROAST POTATOES

Hello Fellow Cookers!

I'm a potato lover period. For an African this is strange, but I think because I am African is the reason why I love them so much. Most of the starch I ate at home as I was growing up was either, Ugali or Rice so anything Potato related was a big treat for me.

Roast Potatoes is my second favorite Potato recipe after Spanish Omellete. I first ate this type of Roast Potatoes at an office where  interned at as a breakfast dish...but I have spiced it up with some of my favorite spices. Its a great alternative to the usual Roast or Fried Potatoes and it will definitely be loved by all.

Enjoy!

Serves 3

INGREDIENTS:
-10 medium sized Potatoes
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Rhizome Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 2 medium sized Onions
- 1 table spoon Curry Powder
- 2 table spoons Soy Sauce
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste

METHOD:
- Peel potatoes and slice to even pieces. 
- Peel garlic and pound into a paste
- Boil the potatoes until slightly cooked in water that has the garlic paste and salt.
- Drain the potatoes and deep fry them in hot oil until well done. Drain them and serve them in a bowl.
- In a separate sauce pan, add 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the ginger and rosemary (feel free to add any spices of your choice) and fry till the onions are translucent.
- Dice onions and pound the ginger.
- Add the curry powder and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute or else the curry will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve the potatoes in a bowl and pour in the mixture and mix evenly.
- Serve hot!



Happy Cooking!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment