Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Daddy's Sunday BBQ Special



New Daddy's Sunday BBQ Special

Hello avid readers and happy New Year 2014. Well I am doing a GUEST posting on this blog today. And for those who do not know, I am a new and first time dad to one lovely daughter! Why tell us all this? That’s a story for another day. But well, that is precisely the reason as to why this post is possible. I never saw myself getting or remotely trying to get out of my way to make an exquisite meal, I say exquisite because I really went out of my way to prepare this meal. Just to be able to treat the family to delightful lunch time meal to usher in the year 2014. The results and response was spectacular! Everyone loved my BBQ and hence why I have decided to share this. 

PS: Apologies in advance, no pics to share as the idea to make this blog came after all there was left on the table were licked on bones, and roast potatoes peels J. Enjoy

Serves 3

Ingredients
  • ½ kg of meat (used beef but should work on any other meat, I suppose)
  • 2 onions, cut
  • 1 fresh orange, organic, (not those grafted ones)
  • 1 table spoon of crushed garlic paste
  • 3 table spoons of Orange marmalade
  • 3 table spoons of brown sugar
  • 1 table spoon of mixed spices
  • Salt to taste

METHOD
  • In a shallow bowl, cut and squeeze the orange juice into it
  • On a pan, add the cut onions, garlic, marmalade, sugar, mixed spices and salt to taste while u stir vigorously till you have a paste
  • Heat the paste lightly till the marmalade evens out and mixes well with the other ingredients. This should take 2-5 minutes
  • Remove the pan and add the meat into it, as you stir till the meat is well soaked.
  • Pour the mixture of the mixture on a shallow bowl and sprinkle the orange juice on the meat
  • Cover the pan with polythene sheet and put in fridge for 12-24 hours. I put it for 18 hours
  • Remove the meat from the marinade and put it on the grill and roast it at low heat, turning and churning the meat often taking turns to smear the marinade into the meat with a brush in the process.
  • Extra: you could be roasting the Potatoes in the process on the grill, after boiling them with the peels for a few minutes. I find out that this preserves their taste and aroma J

When the meat is well roasted and turns red, serve hot with roast potatoes with a Mango Salsa salad on the side
Enjoy the BBG on a Sunday afternoon.
Best,
New Dad
Oscar




2 comments:

  1. sounds great.!!!... beef about those pics though.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. was really yummy, believe you me :-) woiye even me i feel bad no pics, people tore though it like crazy

    ReplyDelete