Monday, December 1, 2014

Rejuvenating Smoothie

I love smoothies. They are simple, sweet and refreshing.

Today i'm sharing the recipe of my favourite smoothie. To give my smoothies rich flavor and thickness I add vanilla yoghurt. Personally I love my smoothies having a tangy feel so I always add orange juice or lemon rind. Feel free to pop in as many different fruits as you want and make as many different combinations. An important point to note is that fruits with thick consistencies work best for smoothies (mangoes, bananas and paw paw/papaya), then mix with "lighter" fruits (watermelon, orange and pineapple). You can also add unsweetened yogurt for a purely natural feel.

Enjoy!

Mango Banana Orange Smoothie


Ingredients:
1 orange s
2 bananas
1 mango
1 cup of cold yoghurt.

Method:
-Squeeze out the orange juice from the oranges.

-Chop bananas into chunks.
-Peel the mango and chop it into chunks.
-Mix all the ingredients into the blender and add the yogurt.
-Blend to a smooth consistency.
-Serve chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment